How is possible that there can be 70, 142 books alone on Amazon proclaiming how to show us the path to happiness… yet people are more unhappy than ever?
Depression is at an all-time high.
Americans pop antidepressants like candy.
People complain of the meaninglessness of their lives, the absolute sheer boredom of a routine-dominated life.
And thus, despite having tens of thousands of resources for being happy (Surely one of them must be right?), we aren’t any happier.
Well, there happens to be a pretty smart dude named Dr. Martin Seligman who studies happiness and is one of the world’s foremost experts on the subject.
Dr. Seligman came to the conclusion after loads of research that there’s ONE single most important quality in you or I being happy throughout the day.
In today’s video I share what that is.
The “Secret” To Happiness is the “Secret” To Better Health Too
The same principles that result in being happy, are the same way that YOU can lose a bit of weight, boost your energy, and live a rich, healthy life that allows you to do all the things you want to do.
Here’s the thing: being healthy is just a result of doing a million tiny actions, every single day, that result in weight loss, pain relief, more energy, better sleep.
So for example, if we broke down sleeping better, the daily habits that got you there could look like this:
Monday: Go to bed 15 minutes earlier, drop the late night sugar, engage in 10-15 minutes of walking in the afternoon.
Tuesday: Go to bed 15 minutes earlier, turn off the computer 45 minutes earlier, read before bed.
So in other words, to get any desired health outcome, you just repeat the same basic positive behaviors and habits over and over and over again.
Now the same exact principle is true for happiness.
Psychologists have discovered a wide range of key behaviors in the happiest top 10% of people in the world, which include:
- Journaling about positive experiences
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Savoring the moment
- Passion projects
But here’s the thing: the same exact reason we tend to not be happy or not be healthy is NOT because we don’t know what we should be doing.
… It’s because of that one annoying principle I talk about a lot – it’s because of your mind.
When you know what to do, but you just aren’t doing it, that’s a dead giveaway that your psychology (or something internal) is preventing you from making it happen. It’s that internal story you have going on in your head. I’m too tired. I deserve this. I don’t want to wake up 10 minutes earlier. I need this nightly decompression ritual after work.
So the barrier is the same: you may know what to do to be happy, or you may know what you need to do in order to be healthier, but doing it is always a separate matter – DOING the things you need to do every single day to get to where you want to be at the end of the month is always the tough part.
Through so many coaching calls with students and clients, and thousands of emails, I eventually put together a way to help people master their day to day routine, and thus reach their health goals much quicker and more efficiently.
How to Surround Yourself With People That Make it Easy to Succeed
It became pretty obvious pretty quickly – you can know what lifestyle changes to make, but actually making those at the end of a long day of work, or not caving to drinking a few beers and eating pizza on a Friday night, or getting yourself to go for walks on the weekend is entirely different.
So that’s why I created the real food tribe… it’s for those of you that sound like:
– “I tend to do great from 9-5, eating the right foods and even cooking, but after 5 once I get home and the craziness hits (and the boredom), that’s when I lose it. The weekend is the same.”
- “Nothing is stopping me, but to maintain my enthusiasm seems to get harder the closer I get to my goal. My husband keeps junk food in the house which doesn’t bother me when I’m in the zone. But sometimes lately I’ve been tempted and then feel bad when I give in and eat it.”
- “I eat really well for several days and then binge on anything and everything around me (whether healthy or not). It is an ongoing cycle that keeps me from losing weight.”
– “I just don’t have any accountability… if I come home and binge on food, no one suffers but me, if I had some friends or a group to keep me motivated it would make it so much easier…”
The real food tribe is filled with men and women serious about ingraining those daily habits and holding each other accountable, sharing their before/after pictures, case studies, best tips, and helping YOU make those changes.
For example, you have people like Shannon sharing wins like this:
Shannon was down 6 pounds in the first few weeks with the support of the tribe, and her husband even lost 10 pounds himself! That’s the power of your social circle. It spills over to everyone that is surrounding you.
You’ll also get:
- A 12-Week Training Program: Losing Your First/Next 20 pounds With Real Food. 12 weeks with 12 unique trainings that is your quick-start guide, no matter where you currently are. What exactly to eat, daily success habits, case studies with successful weight loss stories, hormonal balancing for men and women, and lots more.
- LIVE Weightloss Masterclasses With Me Every Month. Every single month you’re going to get an hour long masterclass with me LIVE where you can ask any question after we tackle an in-depth subject. Previous topics include The Dream Body Blueprint: 90 Days to Better Energy, More Weight Loss & Your Best Year Ever; Hottest Celebrity Fad Diets – Legitimate or A Scam?; Beating Low Energy, Cravings, and Adrenal Fatigue – and lots more.
- Guest Experts, Interviews, And Lots More.
Just an important reminder: it closes in 72 hours on Friday the 17th at midnight.